Kris is a commercial litigator who focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation. She regularly represents local and national commercial lenders in commercial foreclosure and creditor’s rights litigation, including contract disputes, mechanic liens and real estate matters. Kris also has extensive experience representing secured creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy actions, as well as representing court-appointed receivers in commercial foreclosure, eviction and building/zoning litigation.
In addition, Kris works with the National Immigrant Justice Center offering pro bono legal assistance to asylum seekers for both the application process and litigation arising out of removal proceedings. She is also actively involved with Women Employed, an organization advocating educational and employment opportunities for America's working women.
Honoree, Leading Lawyers
Honoree, Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2018)
All Service Areas
- DePaul University College of Law (2007)
- University of Michigan (2003)
- State - Illinois
- State - Michigan
- Represented lender in complex commercial foreclosure and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding involving extensive restructuring of a real estate company and owner of a large business park complex that secured the indebtedness.
- Represented primary secured lender in multi-million dollar receivership and foreclosure actions involving 26 single family homes in Chicago.
- Represented court-appointed Receiver in foreclosure action involving Section 8 housing, including relocating tenants to new and improved developments less than a mile away from foreclosed property.
- Represented primary secured lender in commercial foreclosure and mechanics lien litigation involving a large townhome development.
- Represented primary secured lender in multi-million dollar receivership and foreclosure actions involving numerous gasoline service stations.
- Represented lender in appellate court litigation involving foreclosure of a privately held museum.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Women Employed Advisory Committee
- National Immigrant Justice Center Pro Bono Attorney