Kristine is an intellectual property lawyer. For more than 20 years, she has represented clients, enforcing and defending intellectual property rights worldwide. Kristine’s experience and expertise is in the areas of trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights, patents, licensing and contracts. She is known as a talented and effective lawyer.
Kristine has a practical, business-oriented approach. She completed a Mini-MBA program at the University of Saint Thomas Opus College of Business, based on her interest in ethics, corporate responsibility and compliance. Today, she brings that focus to emerging Artificial Intelligence needs.
- Named to American Arbitration Association (AAA) Roster
- Qualified Neutral under Minnesota Practice Rule 114
- Appointed Neutral on the International Trademark Association (INTA) Panel of Neutrals
Legal Policy Student Intern, United States Patent and Trademark Office
The Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Intellectual Property (2016 - present)
Named Certified Licensing Professional (2021)
Honoree, World Trademark Review, WTR 1000 (2021 - 2022)
All Service Areas
- William Mitchell College of Law (1998)
- University of St. Thomas, Opus School of Business
Mini-MBA Program, Spring 2011
- St. Mary's College of Minnesota (1994)
- State - Minnesota
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- State - Wisconsin
- Federal - 8th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - District of Minnesota
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
- Federal - Northern District of Florida
- Federal - Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - District of Nebraska
- Regularly serves as lead counsel after handling hundreds of intellectual property lawsuits nationwide that include:
- Trade Secret Theft
- Patent Infringement
- Copyright Infringement
- Breach of IP agreements (licensing and development)
- Trademark Infringement
- Routinely negotiates and advises on IP agreements
- Conducts IP due diligence in multiple M&A transactions yearly
Speeches and Publications
- Guarding Your Trademarks and Copyrights in the Digital Age Association of Corporate Counsel, Minnesota Chapter, September 2016.
- Speaker, Non-Trademark Issues Trademark Attorneys Should Know About International Trademark Association, Minneapolis Roundtable, June 2014.
- Author, Federal (District of Minnesota) Practice Deskbook, Depositions Chapter, May 27, 2014.
- Author, "Preliminary Injunctions," Trademark Infringement Remedies (BNA), May 16, 2010.
- Co-Author and Moderator, "Witness," The Minnesota Ultimate Trial Notebook III, Nov. 18, 2000.
- Author, "Antitrust Concerns With Licensing Agreements," MSBA's Antitrust & Business Competition Law Conference, April 18, 2000.
- Author, "Judicial Disobedience & The Corporate Right of Publicity in Federal Trademark Dilution Legislation," Nov. 27, 1999.
- Author, "Life After Quality King: A Critique of Copyright Law as a Tool to Police the Grey Market," AIPLA Quarterly Journal 109, April 27, 1999.
- Author, "The Corporate Right of Publicity in Federal Trademark Dilution Legislation," Trademark Reporter, August 27, 1998.
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association
Intellectual Property Law Section
- Federal Bar Association
Past National and Chapter-Level Board Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Past Fourth District Ethics Committee Member
- International Trademark Association
Appointed Panel Members, INTA Panel of Neutrals
- American Arbitration Association
Appointed Roster Member
- Association for Corporate Growth
Minnesota Chapter Member
- National Association of Corporate Directors
Minnesota Chapter Member
- Early Settlement Conference Project
District of Minnesota, United States District Court - Panelist