Kristin is an attorney in Taft's Intellectual Property practice group. Her practice focuses on trademark clearance, trademark prosecution and enforcement, trademark litigation, copyrights and various IP infringement matters, as well as WIPO UDRP matters. She advises clients on protecting their brands and proprietary information, while providing guidance regarding brand development, clearance, registration, and maintenance for intellectual property portfolios, including trademarks, copyrights, domain names, and social media, in addition to handling TTAB and litigation matters. Prior to law school, Kristin worked for the Chicago Bears and at a large corporate Chicago firm doing marketing and business development work. Prior to joining Taft as an associate, she was a summer associate with the firm and a law clerk for the Indiana Office of the Attorney General in the Consumer Protection Division. She also was a law clerk for Honorable Barbara P. Gorman at the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas.
Kristin obtained her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Dayton School of Law (UDSL) where she was elected publication editor of the UDSL Law Review, was a finalist in the Walter H. Rice Moot Court Competition and was awarded Runner-Up Best Brief Award of Fordham Law School's Irving R. Kaufman Memorial Securities Law Moot Court Competition. Kristin was also nominated and selected for the UDSL Leadership Honors Program and was awarded a full-tuition, merit-based scholarship. Additionally, Kristin served on the honor counsel, was a dean's fellow and participated in the student mentor program. She earned her bachelor's degree from Loyola University Chicago graduating cum laude.
All Service Areas
- University of Dayton School of Law (2019)
- Loyola University Chicago (2014)
- State - Indiana
- State - Ohio
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
Speeches and Publications
- "Texas Social Media Bill May Speed Resolution of Trademark Complaints," World Trademark Review Weekly, Sept. 23, 2021. (co-author with Paul McGrady)
- “Trademark Update,” 2019 Trademark & Copyright Law Year in Review, Indy Bar CLE program, April 22, 2020.
- "Did the Supreme Court Just Give States License to Pirate Copyrights? Protecting Copyrights Post Allen," Taft Law Bulletin, April 13, 2020.
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Past Executive Committee Member, Intellectual Property Section
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
Selected for 2021-2022 Leadership Development Program
- International Trademark Association
Member, Professional Development Committee
- Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce
- The Dayton Art Institute
Member, Associate Board