Karen is a paralegal in Taft’s Real Estate practice group.
Karen’s breadth of experience includes the organization and review of due diligence materials, title and survey review, zoning review, preparing authority documents and closing documents. Her expertise extends to multi-state and multi-property acquisitions and real estate financing.
Karen earned her associate’s degree in paralegal studies from Henry Ford Community College and holds a broker license from the Michigan Association of Realtors.
All Service Areas
- Michigan Association of Realtors
- Henry Ford Community College
A.S. – Paralegal Studies
Speeches and Publications
Speaker, “The Lawyer-Paralegal Team: Effective Workflow to Maximize Efficiency,” ICLE Seminar, 2018.
Contributor to articles for Michigan Bar Journal regarding proper use of paralegals, 2007.
Speaker, Detroit Metropolitan Bar Legal Assistants Committee Corporate Law Panel Discussion, 2005.
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, Legal Assistant Section
- National Association of Legal Assistants
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Detroit Chapter
Member, Committee Chair
- State Bar of Michigan
Member, paralegal section
- The Senior Alliance