Justin is an attorney in our Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Venture Capital and Emerging Companies practice groups. He has dedicated his practice to empowering entrepreneurs, investors and businesses of all sizes to grow through effective strategic planning and analysis, regardless of the size, complexity or scale of the representation. His expertise centers on corporate law, with a strong emphasis on middle-market mergers and acquisitions in which he has advised clients on transactions from $1 million to over $1 billion in aggregate consideration. Among other areas, his corporate focus extends to contract analysis and negotiation, corporate governance, and business planning. He also routinely advises real estate owners, developers, and investors on matters relating to property acquisitions and sales, development, and leasing, and cannabis investors on matters relating to licensing, lending, consulting, governance and acquisitions and sales.
Justin has been recognized for achievements both within and outside of his practice and is active in serving the community, where his leadership has directed countless hours in pro bono legal services to community members in need.
Justin is a founding member and firm liaison for the Transactional Law Competition, an M&A focused, practical skill-based program held through Wayne Law. The Transactional Law Competition continues to be a mainstay for business-minded law students at Wayne Law and has extended its reach to several law schools throughout the throughout the country.
Honoree, Best Lawyers® “Ones to Watch” (2021 – present)
Recipient, ACG Detroit M&A All Star Award – Rising Star (2022)
Honoree, Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Business/Corporate (2018 – present)
Recipient, Detroit Bar Association “Outstanding Young Lawyer” (2020)
Recipient, Crain’s Detroit Business “20 in their Twenties” (2018)
Recipient, Michigan Lawyers Weekly “Up & Coming Lawyer” (2017)
All Service Areas
- Wayne State University Law School (2015)
- Wayne State University's Mike Ilitch School of Business (2016)
- M.B.A. (Finance)
- Wayne State University (2012)
- B.S. in Business Administration (Management)
- State - Michigan
- Federal - Eastern District of Michigan
- Represented a closely held global remediation services company in a reverse triangular merger with a private equity buyer for $1.5 billion in aggregate consideration and a subsequent spinoff of $170 million in retained real property and assets.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in a $368 million equity sale of its platform company in the precision tooling and manufacturing industry to a private equity buyer.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in a $256 million equity sale of its platform company in the underground water and sewer pipe restoration industry to a private equity buyer.
- Represented closely held web-based continuing education businesses in separate equity sales to competing private equity platforms as part of auction processes, including sales of $100 million and $40 million in consideration, respectively.
- Represented a private equity platform company in more than bolt-on acquisitions over a 5-year period ranging from $5 million to $100 million in consideration in the medical device and components manufacturing and cutting tools manufacturing industries.
- Represented a private equity-backed global remediation services business in multiple acquisitions of franchised businesses offering ancillary services ranging from $4 million to $114 million in consideration.
- Represented a private equity fund in an $84 million equity acquisition in the health care services industry.
- Represented a private equity fund in a $35 million equity acquisition of a national surveying and engineering company.
- Represented a closely held business in a $33 million asset sale in the equipment engineering and manufacturing industry.
- Represented a food and beverage manufacturer and supplier with international shareholders in a $28 million sale of stock to a competitor.
- Represented private investors in a $12 million acquisition of a local shopping center from a Texas-based real estate investment firm.
- Represented an owner-operator in a $6+ million equity sale of a group of psychology clinics to a private equity buyer.
Speeches and Publications
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Chaldean American Bar Association
- Chaldean American Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors
- Chaldean Young Professionals Network
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Programs Committee
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Business Law Advisory Board Member and Contributor