Joseph practices principally in the areas of:
- Securities regulation.
- Private equity.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- General corporate law.
- Energy law.
With more than 30 years of experience, he represents publicly and privately held companies and private equity firms across the U.S. in complex mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, financings, restructurings and other business transactions.
His experience includes:
- Representing private equity firms in connection with investments, portfolio company operations and exit transactions.
- Serving as lead attorney on a variety of complex public and private transactions including going private tender offers, proxy contests, exchange offers and restructurings.
- Representing public companies in ongoing compliance with securities regulations.
- Representing public and private companies on best practices for corporate governance.
- Representing buyers and sellers in middle market mergers and acquisitions.
- Representing buyers and sellers in the transfer of over 10,000 MW of power generation assets.
- Advising on general corporate matters for a variety of regional and national business.
- Representing securities issuers, underwriters and dealers in public offerings and private placements.
Prior to locating to Minneapolis, Joseph began his legal career working on Wall Street with one of the world’s largest law firms.
Honoree, Minnesota Super Lawyers, Finance and Commerce
Honoree, Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A
All Service Areas
- University of Minnesota Law School (1986)
- University of Minnesota (1983)
summa cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
- State - Minnesota
- State - New York
- Counsel to country’s second largest publicly traded premium coffeehouse operator with its $340 million sale to privately held German holding company.
- Represented a premier U.S. private equity firm in over 100 various joint ventures and acquisitions involving a broad range of assets, including distressed and non-performing loans, real estate, aircraft, maritime vessels and oil and gas interests.
- Sale of HFFC (NASDAQ) to Great Western Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE) in an approximately $140 million public company merger.
- Sale of Marquette Financial Companies in an approximately $185 million transaction by the Pohlad family to UMB Financial Corporation (NYSE).
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Twin Cities in Motion - Twin Cities Marathon
General Counsel (Pro Bono)