Joseph H. Dunham
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- T (612) 977-8931
- F (612) 977-8650
Joe focuses his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, banking, wealth management, corporate and business counseling, and venture capital. He represents both strategic and financial buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions. Joe’s banking and wealth management practice includes mergers and acquisitions and regulatory advice. He also works with closely-held businesses, advising them on ownership, governance and operations matters. Joe is outside general counsel to several start-up companies, advising them on capital raises, corporate governance, and commercial matters.
Formerly, Joe was a senior associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, where he performed regulatory compliance and financial statement audits of financial service companies. He is a Certified Public Accountant in the state of Minnesota.
While attending law school, Joe served as a member of the William Mitchell Law Review, worked as a law clerk for two Minneapolis law firms and was a summer associate at Briggs in 2011.
Honoree, Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Mergers & Acquisitions
(2018 - present)
All Service Areas
- William Mitchell College of Law
J.D., summa cum laude
- Hillsdale College
B.A., magna cum laude
- State - Minnesota
- State - North Dakota
- Federal - District of Minnesota
Joe’s recent experience includes assisting with the representation of:
- A community bank in its $90 million acquisition of another community bank.
- A global distributor of health products and services on numerous transactions, including the $715 million sale of its medical products division, its $1.1 billion acquisition of an animal health company, and many other transactions ranging from acquisitions of distributors to venture capital technology investments.
- Several family-owned auto dealerships in ongoing corporate and commercial matters as well as with dealership acquisitions and divestitures.
- A premium coffee company in its negotiation of a merger agreement and its response to a tender offer, a transaction valued at $340 million.
- A private equity firm in numerous purchase and sale transactions, ranging from $10 million to $40 million.
- A NASDAQ-listed community bank holding company on numerous bank acquisitions and branch sales.
- A privately-held bank in its approximately $185 million sale to an NYSE-listed issuer.
- A publicly-held thrift holding company in its approximately $140 million public company merger with an NYSE-listed issuer.
- A manufacturer of dental practice purification products in its $11 million sale to a global medical products company.
- The portfolio company of a leading private equity firm in its add-on acquisition of a psychiatric hospital.
- Privately-held companies in multiple rounds of venture financings and as general outside counsel.
- A privately-held leading supplier of thermal-management solutions for the electronics industry in its sale to a Germany-based industrial conglomerate, a transaction valued at $600 million.
- A private equity firm in its $11 million acquisition of a metal fabrication company.
- A Midwest commercial real estate brokerage and property management firm in its acquisition of a West Coast commercial real estate brokerage and property management company.
- A Minnesota nonprofit owner and operator of senior care and assisted living facilities in its acquisition of a North Dakota nonprofit senior care and assisted living facility.
- An oil and gas exploration and drilling company in its $11 million acquisition of a North Dakota oil and gas drilling service company.
- A nonprofit hospital and senior care facility in its sale to a large, nonprofit health system.
Eleven Taft Attorneys Recognized as Minnesota Rising Stars 2022
Ten Taft Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2021
Nine Taft Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2020
SBA Part Fourteen: Summary of Interim Final Rules 14 and 15