John routinely counsels clients in corporate and business law matters, real estate and civil litigation matters. John has assisted clients in complex real estate transactions to purchase, sell, re-finance and re-zone a variety of properties including apartment complexes, shopping malls and other commercial buildings. He is frequently called upon to help clients solve business and other disputes either through negotiation or the litigation process. In the course of his practice, John also assists business clients with forming appropriate business entities such as corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
BV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers, Real Estate (2010)
All Service Areas
- Capital University Law School (1989)
- The Ohio State University, B.A. (1983)
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- Resolved complex zoning issues for a large apartment complex with the City of Columbus Department of Zoning.
- Assisted three commercial property owners in obtaining in aggregate over $6.5 million dollars in property tax valuation reduction from the Franklin County Board of Revision in 2007.
- Served as counsel to several out of state purchasers of large apartment complexes in Central Ohio as part of the client’s 1031 Exchange.
- Assisted Central Ohio home dealer refinance over $50 million dollars of secured debt.
- Drafted deed restrictions and all documents related to its architectural review board and homeowners association for an exclusive residential home development in the Olentangy river corridor.
- Serves as General Counsel to a 1,056 unit condominium development in Central Ohio.
- General Counsel to local property management company, which manages over 2,000 apartment units in the Central Ohio and Cleveland areas.
- American Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Upper Arlington Historical Society
- Chester Family Foundation