For more than 25 years, Jeff has represented both public and private companies in middle-market mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions. He has provided sophisticated and thorough business planning and general corporate counseling to a diverse range of clients in an equally diverse range of industries. Jeff's experience includes representing both sellers and purchasers in a variety of mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions and representing borrowers in a wide range of financing transactions, including private and public offerings of securities, secured debt facilities, and mezzanine debt financings. In addition, many private and public companies rely on Jeff as their general corporate counsel for advice on everyday legal matters, equity incentives, reporting requirements, and corporate governance obligations.
Honoree, DBusiness Top Lawyers (2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2020, 2021)
Honoree, Michigan Super Lawyers (2008)
Honoree, Corporate Counsel Super Lawyers (2008)
All Service Areas
- University of Michigan Law School
- University of Michigan Ross School of Business
- State - Michigan
- Federal - Eastern District of Michigan
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a consumer products company in connection with its acquisition of a portfolio of businesses with an aggregate purchase price of over $57 million.
- Represented a restaurant chain in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented a company providing a wide array of metal finishing services in its sale to a strategic purchaser.
- Represented a home improvement and repair business in its $70 million sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented Sun Communities, Inc., a publicly-traded REIT that owns and operates hundreds of manufactured home communities in the United States and Canada, in numerous acquisitions, including its 2016 acquisition of the Carefree communities for $1.68 billion and its earlier $1.3 billion acquisition of the Green Courte communities.
- Represented a family office in its initial acquisition of a platform business and numerous follow on acquisitions.
- Represented a manufacturer and wholesaler of automotive detailing products in its sale to a strategic purchaser.
- Represented a leading supplier of value and private label brands within the health and household products segments to a private equity firm.
Debt & Equity Financings
- Represented a consumer products company in connection with its $95 million secured credit facility.
- Represented a medical device company in a series of equity financings with venture capital firms and venture debt financings.
- Represented Sun Communities, Inc., a publicly-traded REIT that owns and operates hundreds of manufactured home communities in the United States and Canada, in a broad range of public offerings of equity and debt securities since its IPO in 1993.
- Advised on the capitalization and financing of a professional baseball team and professional soccer club.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan