Javan represents clients in sophisticated tax and corporate matters.
He advises clients on a wide variety of federal, state, and local tax matters including income tax, corporate tax, partnership tax, S Corporation tax, and tax-exempt matters. Javan advises clients on tax considerations that arise in various business contexts, including entity formations, ownership structures, restructurings, business succession, mergers & acquisitions, and business exits. He also represents clients in tax controversies before the Internal Revenue Service, the Ohio Department of Taxation, and other taxing authorities.
Additionally, Javan counsels business clients on a variety of corporate and transactional matters, including business formations, corporate governance, contract negotiations, restructurings, mergers & acquisitions, and business exits. He also acts as outside general counsel to closely-held businesses.
An adjunct instructor at the University of Cincinnati, Javan currently teaches tax courses in UC’s business school. He earned his Executive LL.M. in taxation from Georgetown University Law Center and his J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law.
Recipient, Outstanding Adjunct Teaching in Accounting Award, University of Cincinnati Lindner College of Business, 2021
All Service Areas
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (2005)
- Georgetown University Law Center (2020)
Executive LL.M., Taxation
Achieved highest academic average in graduating class
- University of Notre Dame (2000)
- State - Ohio
Speeches and Publications
- Author, “Universities and Joint Ventures: Navigating the Rules with Examples,” Taxation of Exempts (September/October 2020)
- Speaker, “Business Tax Issues,” UC Income Tax Conference (2020-2021)
- Speaker, “Ohio CAT…Common Audit Issues,” Ohio Tax Conference (2017)
- Speaker, “Mergers & Acquisitions…State Tax Aspects,” Ohio Tax Conference (2011-2012)
- Speaker, “Ohio Municipal Taxation of Compensation…,” Ohio Tax Conference (2010)
- Association for Corporate Growth
Member, Cincinnati Chapter
- Notre Dame Club of Greater Cincinnati
- Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio
- Summit Country Day Youth Basketball
- Mercy Montessori Basketball
- Indian Hill Youth Baseball
Head Coach, 2021
- University of Cincinnati College of Law Catalyst Program
- Leadership Warren County
Member, Class of 2011