Glen McMurry is a partner in the Taft Dayton office and a member of the Litigation practice group. He has over 14 years of experience serving diverse corporations and individuals resolving a wide variety of issues, including complex dispute resolution and compliance with local, state, and federal laws. McMurry also focuses his practice on employment issues, construction claims, insurance claims/defense, and mergers and acquisitions. Prior to joining Taft, McMurry was a partner at a leading national law firm.
For his exemplary work, McMurry has received numerous accolades including the 2019 Federal Bar Association National President’s Award for Extraordinary Service and being listed as an Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star for over a decade.
McMurry is involved in several local and national bar associations, chairing several committees across the Dayton Bar Association, the Dayton Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, and the Ohio State Bar Association. He also is an active member of the Miami County Bar Association. In addition, McMurry is engaged in several leadership positions across the community, including serving on the Board of Trustees for the Dayton Society of Natural History.
He received his undergraduate degree at Kansas State University and his J.D. from the University of Dayton School of Law. He also completed the “STAR” Mediation Training at Pepperdine Caruso School of Law in 2017.
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers, Business Litigation (2022)
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2012 - 2021)
Honoree, National President’s Award for Extraordinary Service, Federal Bar Association (2019)
Honoree, 40 Under 40, Dayton Business Journal (2013)
Honoree, Dayton Chapter Distinguished Service Award, Federal Bar Association
Graduate, Dayton Bar Association Leadership Development Program (2012)
Honoree, Best Brief Award, Best Oralist Award (Second Place), Walter H. Rice Moot Court Competition (2005)
- University of Dayton School of Law (2007)
- Kansas State University (2004)
- State - Ohio
- Federal - U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Federal - U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Speeches and Publications
- An Unconstitutional Death: The Oregon Death with Dignity Act’s Prohibition Against Self-Administered Lethal Injections, 32 U. Dayton L. Rev. 441 (2007).
- More??!! Recruiting and Expecting More of Younger Lawyers, 58-AUG Fed. Law. 14 (2011).
- Tips for a Successful Practice as a Young Attorney, Dayton Bar Briefs, April (2011).
- What’s Next? The Transition From Law School to Solo or Firm Practice, 59-MAY Fed. Law. 18 (2012).
- Q&A: Glen McMurry, Co-Chair of Dayton Bar’s Diversity Issues Committee, Dayton Business Journal, (2013).
- 44 Million Reasons Why You Should Use Social Media in Your Law Practice, 60-JUN Fed. Law. 16 (2013).
- 44 Million Reasons Why You Should Use Social Media in Your Law Practice, Wolters Kluwer – The Computer & Internet Lawyer, October (2013).
- What’s Next? The Transition From Law School to Solo or Firm Practice, WINTER YLD Perspectives 5 (2013).
- Sending the Elevator Back Down: A Discussion with Raymond J. Dowd on Supporting Younger Attorneys in the FBA, 60-DEC Fed. Law. 6 (2013).
- Making Superhero Chapter Leaders, 62-SEPT Fed. Law. 75 (2015).
- Staying Ahead of the Technological Curve, 62-DEC Fed. Law. 4 (2015).
- WE WANT YOU … To Join the Younger Lawyers Division!, 63-APR Fed. Law. 12 (2016).
- INSIGHT: Federal Bar Association Looks to Promote More Courtroom Advocacy, Bloomberg Law (2018).
- Lawyers: The Gatekeepers of Justice, Fairness, and Democracy? (Bench Bar Conference Recap), Dayton Bar Briefs, December (2018).
- Preserving Trial Advocacy, Dayton Bar Briefs, February (2019).
- Federal Bar Association
National Board of Directors – Director (2015 – 2018; 2020 – Present)
Law Student Division – Chair (2019 – Present)
Diversity & Inclusion Standing Committee (2018 – Present)
Younger Lawyers in Court Task Force – Chair (2018 – Present)
- Dayton Bar Association
Certified Grievance Committee (2012 – 2013, 2015 – Present)
Carl D. Kessler Inn of Court (2013 – Present)
Fee Dispute Arbitration Committee (2009 – Present)
Civil Trial Practice & Its Administration Committee (2007 – Present)
Criminal Law & Its Enforcement Committee (2007 – Present)
Federal Practice Committee (2011 – Present)
- Ohio State Bar Association
ChaFederal Courts & Practice Committee – Chair (2020 – Present)
- Dayton Society of Natural History
Board of Trustees – Member (2019 – Present)
- Cub Scouts
Committee Chair – Pack 365 (2015 – Present)
Den Leader – Pack 365 (2012 – Present)
- Brukner Nature Center
Board of Trustees – Member (2013 – Present)
- Theta Xi Fraternity
District Director of Risk Management (2018 – Present)
- Troy Dodgers Baseball Club
Director/Trustee (2020 – Present)