As a paralegal in Taft’s Cleveland office, Erin supports the firm’s Health Care and Life Sciences and Estate Planning groups.
For Taft’s Business and Finance group, Erin performs client services including:
- Maintaining corporate governance documents including minute books and closing binders for complex transactions.
- Forming and dissolving corporate entities in various states.
- Preparing and submitting regulatory filings required by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Uniform Consumer Credit Code (UCC), including blue sky filings for private placements and Regulation A offerings.
Erin’s involvement with the Health Care and Life Sciences team includes assisting in the sale, purchase and leasing of client health care assets, facilities and services, including nursing homes. She is involved in all stages of client healthcare entity purchase transactions.
For the Estate Planning practice group, Erin assists with:
- Drafting corporate and real estate documents such as stock powers and assignments necessary to accomplish clients’ estate planning goals.
- Preparing and filing probate and related court documents including estate opening pleadings, insolvency proceedings and guardianship and estate accounts.
Prior to joining Taft, Erin served for 10 years as a paralegal at a Central Ohio firm, supporting Corporate and Trust and Estate practice group attorneys. She also gained experience as a law firm billing specialist. Early in her career, she served as a legal assistant for a prominent Manhattan, Kansas firm, supporting the Estate Planning, Corporate, Litigation and Real Estate practice groups.
All Service Areas
- Liberty University
Dual master’s degrees in arts and religion and human services