Emily is a partner in Taft's Commercial Litigation, Insurance Recovery, and Appellate practice groups. She represents businesses and individuals in all areas of commercial litigation, including membership, partnership, and shareholder disputes, contract disputes, restrictive covenants, and business torts.
Emily works with her clients to understand precisely the resolution they seek and then develops a specific strategy tailored to achieve that desired outcome, which can range from filing suit or asserting counterclaims to defending lawsuits with the goal of minimizing potential liability and expense. She has achieved successful outcomes and favorable settlements for her clients at trial and on appeal, as well as through dispositive motion practice, mediation, and negotiation.
Honoree, Best Lawyers® "Ones to Watch" (2021 - present)
Honoree, Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Business Litigation (2018 - 2022)
“Up and Coming” Lawyer, Michigan Lawyers Weekly (2021)
All Service Areas
- Wayne State University Law School
Order of the Coif
Executive Articles Editor, Wayne Law Review
Legal Writing Committee Chair, Student Board of Governors
- University of Michigan
- State - Michigan
- First-chaired a multi-day trial regarding ownership of commercial property and obtained judgment in client’s favor on all claims and counterclaims.
- Briefed legally significant member oppression issue for the Michigan Supreme Court, resulting in a favorable ruling.
- Successfully obtained temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions for violations of non-competition agreements and other restrictive covenants.
Speeches and Publications
- “Uncertainty Abounds. The Joint Employer Doctrine and the Franchise Business Model,” Michigan Bar Journal (May 2017)
- Michigan Business Network Radio interview: Hiring Employees in Canada (August 2015)
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Academy of the Sacred Heart
Chair, Board of Trustees
Past President, Alumnae Board