- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- T (312) 840-4307
- F (312) 668-8920
Elizabeth is an associate in Taft's Chicago Litigation practice.
Through federal clerkships at the appellate and trial court level, Elizabeth brings to her practice substantial research and writing experience. Prior to joining Taft, Elizabeth served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Susan H. Black in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. She also worked as a staff attorney for the Eleventh Circuit, preparing memoranda on a wide variety of criminal and civil matters and complex jurisdictional issues. Elizabeth was also a law clerk to the Honorable Harry D. Leinenweber in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. In addition to her clerkship experience, Elizabeth previously worked in private practice, focusing on consumer class actions.
Elizabeth received her J.D., summa cum laude, from the University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, where she graduated as valedictorian of her class. While in law school, Elizabeth served on the editorial board for the John Marshall Review of Intellectual Property Law and as a teaching assistant for legal research and writing.
Honoree, Best Lawyers® "Ones to Watch," Commercial Litigation (2023)
Taft Pro Bono Honor Roll Award (2023)
All Service Areas
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law (2014)
summa cum laude
- Northwestern University (2008)
Masters of Arts, Creative Writing
- Boston College (2005)
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
- State - Illinois
- State - Georgia (inactive status)
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
- Federal - 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
Speeches and Publications
- "Supply Chain Woes: Effectively Using Your Contract's Terms and the UCC to Navigate Through Them," Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Chicago webinar, July 13 and July 20, 2022.
- "The Force of Force Majeure and Other Contract Performance Excuses in Supply Chain Transactions," Agency Sales Magazine, March 2022.
- "The Force of Force Majeure in Supply-Chain Agreements," Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Chicago webinar, Nov. 10, 2021.
Eighty-Four Taft Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers® "Ones to Watch" 2023
Riccione and Winkowski Author Article Published in Agency Sales Magazine
Taft adds Three Associates in Chicago