For more than 15 years, Dov has represented companies and individuals in proceedings under Chapters 7 and 11 of the Bankruptcy Code and receivership proceedings, as well as out of court restructurings and work-out matters. He has represented institutional lenders, creditors, creditors’ committees, buyers and landlords before bankruptcy courts across the country, including the prosecution and defense of adversary proceedings. He serves as an advisor to corporations and other business entities, with a focus on assisting companies in negotiating and resolving financial issues facing them, their vendors, suppliers, and customers.
Dov is a frequent lecturer on various topics, including:
- Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Landlord-tenant issues in bankruptcy.
- Reclamation issues.
- Dealing with customers and suppliers in bankruptcy.
He is also a contributing author to Norton’s Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, contributing articles on issues of interest to bankruptcy professionals. Dov is listed in the 2016-2019 editions of The Best Lawyers in America for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law.
Dov received his undergraduate degree in Talmudic Law from Ner Israel Rabbinical College in Baltimore, Maryland, and his law degree from the University of Maryland School of Law.
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2016-present)
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers (2018-2019)
All Service Areas
- University of Maryland School of Law (1994)
- Ner Israel Rabbinical College (1991)
- University of Maryland (1991)
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - District of Maryland
- State - Ohio
- State - Maryland (inactive status)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- William J. O'Neill Bankruptcy Institute
Firm Sponsorship Committee, Co-Chair, 2010
Publicity Committee, Co-Chair, 2006
- Beachwood Little League
Volunteer Coach, 2003-2009
- Bikur Cholim of Cleveland
Dinner Chairman, Annual Sponsorship Dinner
- Hebrew Academy of Cleveland
Board of Directors; Audit Committee; Education Committee