Dave is an AV Preeminent®-rated litigator who represents clients in cases involving complex business litigation, class action and intellectual property litigation. Dave’s practice spans a diverse number of areas related to litigation including cybersecurity, employment and construction matters. He has state and federal court experience managing class action, derivative and multiparty litigation matters concerning intellectual property and employment.
Dave’s collegial rapport with clients and successful track record with managing commercial, construction and intellectual property litigation are among the reasons why he has been included in multiple Top 50 and Top 100 Ohio Super Lawyers lists, ranked in Chambers USA for Ohio and why Benchmark Litigation recently named him a Local Litigation Star.
Dave extends his passion for the legal profession beyond the courtroom. Dave is a life member of the Eighth District Judicial Conference and a fellow of the International Society of Barristers, and formerly served as trustee of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. Dave is also a member of other legal organizations such as the International Association of Defense Counsel and the Defense Research Institute. Dave regularly speaks about commercial law and intellectual property matters, and has been invited to speak on cybersecurity issues by organizations such as the Association of Corporate Counsel. Dave has also contributed to numerous community causes as a trustee for the United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cleveland and as a member of the 2010 class of Leadership Cleveland.
Dave received his J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law and received his B.A. from Middlebury College.
Honoree, Ohio Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Commercial, Construction and Intellectual Property Litigation (2008-present)
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers (2007-present); Top 100 Ohio Super Lawyers (2010-2015); Top 50 Super Lawyers - Cleveland (2012-2015)
Honoree, Local Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation
Honoree, Ohio Leading Lawyers
All Service Areas
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (1986)
- Middlebury College
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- State - Ohio
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Member; Board of Trustees; Chair Young Lawyers' Section
- Eighth District Judicial Conference Life Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel Member (1999-present); Faculty Member, IADC Trial Academy (2003)
- John M. Manos Inn of Court Master Bencher
- Defense Research Institute Member, Admin of Civil Justice Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association Member
- Leadership Cleveland Class of 2010
- Canterbury Golf Club Member, Board of Directors