Dave focuses his practice on complex business litigation matters, including national class action litigation, intellectual property litigation, Fair Credit Reporting Act litigation, cybersecurity matters, employment litigation and construction law.
Dave is a former trustee of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, a life member of the Eighth District Judicial Conference, and a member of both the International Association of Defense Counsel and the Defense Research Institute. He was also a member of the board of trustees for United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cleveland from 2006-2012 and a member of the 2010 class of Leadership Cleveland.
Dave has been named a Local Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation, the definitive guide to America's leading business litigation attorneys. He is recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Leading Lawyers, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Best Lawyers in America for Commercial, Construction and Intellectual Property Litigation. He has an "AV Peer Review Rating" (Preeminent) by Martindale-Hubbell and is a fellow of the International Society of Barristers.
Dave earned his B.A. degree from Middlebury College, and his J.D. degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law.
Honoree, Ohio Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America for Commercial, Construction and Intellectual Property Litigation
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers (2007-2018); Top 100 Ohio Super Lawyers (2010-2015); Top 50 Super Lawyers - Cleveland (2012-2015)
Honoree, Local Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation
Honoree, Ohio Leading Lawyers
All Service Areas
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (1986)
- Middlebury College
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- State - Ohio
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (Member; Board of Trustees; Chair Young Lawyers' Section)
- Eighth District Judicial Conference (Life Member)
- International Association of Defense Counsel (Member (1999-present); Faculty Member, IADC Trial Academy (2003))
- John M. Manos Inn of Court (Master Bencher)
- Defense Research Institute (Member, Admin of Civil Justice Committee)
- Ohio State Bar Association (Member)
- Leadership Cleveland (Class of 2010)
- Canterbury Golf Club (Member, Board of Directors)