David represents banks and other financial institutions, investors and borrowers in a wide range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions, including:
- Commercial and asset-based loans.
- Syndicated credit facilities.
- Subordinated debt.
- Leveraged acquisition financings.
- Project financings.
He also advises financial institutions and corporations in connection with swaps, hedges and other derivative transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, David worked at a national law firm, where he was a partner in the finance and restructuring group.
All Service Areas
- University of Minnesota Law School
magna cum laude
Order of the Coif
- Universit? de Paris-Sorbonne, M.A.
- University of Minnesota, B.A.
- State - Minnesota
- State - New York
- Federal - District of Minnesota
David’s recent experience includes:
- Borrower/seller’s counsel for grain repurchase facility.
- Originator’s counsel for securitizations of US and cross-border trade receivables.
- Borrower’s counsel for a multi-currency revolving and term credit facility and private note placement to finance a major international acquisition.
- Borrower’s counsel for a revolving and term credit facility to a regional airline secured by all personal property and fleet of aircraft.
- Counsel to a “big box” retailer in connection with negotiating a private label credit card financing program.
- Agent’s counsel in connection with a secured revolving credit facility to an agricultural commodity trader.
- Lessee’s counsel for synthetic leveraged equipment leases.
- Agent’s counsel for syndicated, rated term financing backed by student loans.
- Agent’s counsel for a convertible note offering by a Cayman’s issuer to finance construction of Brazilian ethanol assets.
- Lender’s counsel for a senior subordinated credit facility (with an equity kicker) to a natural gas trading company.
- Lender’s counsel for a senior secured credit facility to a Canadian agricultural investor.
- Agent’s counsel for a syndicated revolving and term credit facility to a multinational database company.
- Lender’s counsel for a revolving and term credit facility to provide construction, startup, and working capital for combination beef slaughterhouse and packaging plant, secured by the borrower’s real estate and personal property.
- Lender’s counsel for a letter-of-credit facility, guaranteed by Ex-Im Bank, to a Venezuelan port operator to finance the purchase of ship unloading, conveyor, and grain storage equipment.
- Borrower’s counsel for a secured revolving and term credit agreement to a telecom company to finance the acquisition of a public company.
- Borrower’s counsel for a secured revolving credit facility to a leveraged hedge fund.
- Borrower’s counsel for a life insurance company in connection with a term credit facility.