Chuck is an associate in Taft’s Intellectual Property group in the Dayton office. His practice involves all facets of intellectual property litigation, as well as patent prosecution and trademark applications. In addition to IP litigation, Chuck handles a variety of business-oriented IP matters and has prepared IP transactions, managed IP portfolios, and counseled clients on the development of IP-centric strategies for start-ups/small businesses.
Prior to joining Taft, Chuck was an associate for a well-know regional law firm where he handled both enforcement and defense matters for all facets of IP: patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret.
Chuck earned his J.D. with a concentration in Intellectual Property, with honors, from The University of Dayton School of Law and his bachelor’s degree in biology from Xavier University. During law school, Chuck clerked at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in the Air Force Materiel Command Law Office – IP division for two years, concentrating on patent prosecution.
All Service Areas
- University of Dayton School of Law (2018)
University of Dayton Intellectual Property Law Society
- Xavier University (2015)
B.S. – Biology
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal - United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Federal - U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- State - Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Intellectual Property Law Association
- Dayton Development Coalition
- Housing and Community Development Corporation
IP and Business Consultant
- Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio
- Dayton Art Institute
Executive Committee Board Member