Beth manages the marketing and business development efforts for Taft’s expanding Chicago office, which has grown by more than 30% since 2015. Responsibilities include public relations, events, research, sponsorships and business development initiatives for more than 100 attorneys and professionals. In addition, she:
- Provides support to the Intellectual Property and Public Finance groups. Launched the Technology and Higher Education industry groups
- Maintains and develops copy for practice descriptions, brochures, biographies and other documents
- Develops and manages practice and office budgets
- Collaborates with attorneys to create targeted marketing materials and proposal responses
- Launched and writes "The Buzz," a bi-weekly newsletter focused on attorney business development
- Assists with research and strategic business initiatives
Prior to joining Taft, Beth worked at a mid-sized IP boutique and an AmLaw 100 firm in various positions involving business development, communications, marketing and public relations. She started her career in state government at the Illinois Department of Central Management Services, where she worked closely with agencies purchasing telecommunications and data services and marketed the products and services offered to the agencies. Beth was instrumental in creating some of the first internal/external websites at the agency and drafting marketing materials for the launch and promotion of the Illinois Century Network, a statewide data network that connects more than 8,000 sites throughout Illinois.
Beth is the immediate past president of the Junior League of Kane & DuPage Counties, a group committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. A member of the Junior League since 2002, Beth has served five terms on the executive board in areas involving communications, membership and education. She is also an active member of the Legal Marketing Association and participated on the Midwest Local Steering Committee focusing on membership engagement and programming
Beth frequently writes articles related to marketing and business development on LinkedIn. Recent topics have included measuring business development, the importance of context, writing a strong biography and differentiation.
- University of Illinois, Springfield (1998)
- Western Illinois University (1995)
Speeches and Publications
- Moderated panel discussion "Building and Nurturing a World-Class Website: Tales From the Trenches," for the Legal Marketing Association Chicago chapter, Nov. 5, 2015.
- "Using Social Media in Your Practice," Brinks Gilson & Lione internal GPS training Program, November 2011.
- Legal Marketing Association
Former member, Midwest Local Steering Committee (2017-2018)
Former member, Programming Committee (2015-2016)
- Legal & Professional Services Council
- Junior League of Kane & DuPage Counties, Inc.