Beth manages the business development and marketing efforts for Taft’s expanding Chicago office, which has almost doubled in size since 2015. Responsibilities include public relations, events, research, sponsorships, and business development initiatives for more than 130 attorneys and professionals. In addition, she:
- Provides business development support to the Intellectual Property, Privacy & Data Security, and Public Finance groups. She previously launched the Technology and Higher Education industry groups.
- Develops copy for practice descriptions, brochures, biographies, and other documents.
- Manages practice and office budgets.
- Collaborates with attorneys to create targeted marketing materials and proposal responses.
- Coaches attorneys on business development skills.
- Launched and writes "The Buzz," a bi-weekly newsletter focused on attorney business development that has close to 200 issues to date.
Prior to joining Taft, Beth worked at a mid-sized IP boutique and an AmLaw 100 firm in various positions involving business development, communications, marketing, and public relations. She started her career in state government at the Illinois Department of Central Management Services, where she worked closely with agencies purchasing telecommunications and data services and marketed the products and services offered to state agencies. Beth was instrumental in creating some of the first internal/external websites at the agency and drafting marketing materials for the launch and promotion of the Illinois Century Network, a statewide data network that connects thousands of sites throughout Illinois, and the Illinois Wireless Information Network, a public safety data network.
Beth is a past president of the Junior League of Kane & DuPage Counties, a group committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. A member of the Junior League since 2002, Beth has served six terms on the executive board in areas involving communications, membership, leadership, and education. She is also an active member of the Legal Marketing Association (LMA) and has participated on the Chicago Local Steering Committee focusing on membership engagement and programming. In January 2022, Beth began a two-year term as a director-at-large for the LMA Midwest Regional Governing Board.
Beth frequently writes articles related to marketing and business development on LinkedIn. Recent topics have included measuring business development, how to eliminate filler words, writing a strong biography, and differentiation. She has also leads the LMA Midwest Book Club.
- University of Illinois, Springfield (1998)
- Western Illinois University (1995)
Speeches and Publications
- "Metaverse: What is it and is it in the Future for the Legal Industry?" Lexwork Americas Spring Meeting, Miami, May 20, 2022.
- Moderator "Building and Nurturing a World-Class Website: Tales From the Trenches," for the Legal Marketing Association Chicago chapter, Nov. 5, 2015.
- "Using Social Media in Your Practice," Brinks Hofer Gilson & Lione internal GPS training Program, November 2011.
O'Mahoney Joins Legal Marketing Association Midwest Regional Governing Board
- Legal Marketing Association
Director-at-Large, LMA Midwest Regional Governing Board (2022-2023)
Chicago Local Steering Committee (2017-2018)
Programming Committee (2015-2016)
- Legal Sales and Service Organization
- Legal & Professional Services Council
- Junior League of Chicago
Member (2022- present)
- Junior League of Kane & DuPage Counties, Inc.
Board Advisor (2021-2022)
Communications Chair (2019-2020)
- Greater Chicago Food Depository