Andrew helps businesses proactively identify and mitigate their legal risks, particularly in connection with mergers and acquisitions and other high-priority transactions. As outside general counsel, Andrew regularly advises on issues from contract negotiations to regulatory compliance. Andrew collaborates closely to understand clients’ unique needs and seize opportunities as they arise. He manages the details of corporate governance and transaction action items so that client decision makers can focus on their core business. When clients encounter particularly complex issues, Andrew leverages Taft’s depth of experience to translate client concerns to expert colleagues and relay actionable advice.
Prior to joining Taft, Andrew was a corporate associate at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP in Washington, DC and New York, NY where he advised on multibillion dollar transactions, assisted with white-collar crime investigations and contributed to regulatory and legislative advocacy and compliance efforts on behalf of major financial institutions. Andrew has significant experience representing clients engaged in cross-border business and in managing associated legal challenges.
In addition, Andrew previously served as a law clerk for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in its Division of Corporation Finance and for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in its Wireline Competition Bureau. Andrew leans on his Beltway upbringing in engaging with government regulators on clients’ behalf.
Andrew earned his J.D., magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, from Georgetown University Law Center and his B.S., cum laude, in economics and finance (with a minor in mathematics) from Centre College. While in law school, Andrew was an Articles Editor for The Georgetown Law Journal.
All Service Areas
- Georgetown University Law Center
magna cum laude
The Georgetown Law Journal, Articles Editor
- Centre College
B.S. – Economics and Finance
- State - New York
- State - Ohio
- Assisted with representation of Sun Life in its $2.475 billion acquisition of DentaQuest at prior firm.
- Assisted with representation of Prudential in the sale of its retirement plan business to Empower for a total transaction value of $3.55 billion at prior firm.
- Assisted with representation of Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company with $70 billion in investable assets, in its $4.4 billion sale to KKR at prior firm.
- Assisted with representation of Liberty Mutual in a book roll/reinsurance transaction with respect to a book of AIG business at prior firm.