Amanda Johnson is an associate based in the Taft Northern Kentucky office and a member of the Corporate Compliance and White Collar Criminal Defense practice group. She has in-depth litigation experience in federal and state courts in Kentucky and Ohio, serving individuals and businesses of all sizes in complex white-collar criminal cases, corporate compliance matters, and conducting internal investigations. Amanda is also experienced in representing individuals before administrative bodies and professional licensing boards.
Prior to joining Taft, Amanda served as an Assistant County Attorney for the Kenton County Attorney’s Office, managing prosecutions from investigation to criminal sentencing. Amanda also gained valuable trial experience as a staff attorney for Legal Aid of the Bluegrass, where she handled cases related to domestic violence, family law, foreclosures, public benefits, and housing law.
Amanda received her undergraduate degree from the University of Cincinnati and her J.D. from Northern Kentucky University, Salmon P. Chase College of Law.
All Service Areas
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law - Northern Kentucky University (2013)
- University of Cincinnati (2009)
Bachelor's degree in criminal justice
- State - Kentucky
- State - Ohio
- Federal - Eastern District of Kentucky
- Federal - Western District of Kentucky
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
Chairman, Gateway Committee (2019-present)
- Salmon P. Chase American Inn of Court