Membership feedback was so favorable about the on-demand education series that several out-of-state CPA associations approached the Ohio association about forming an educational collaboration. Vaselaney’s topics were among the society’s best sellers. Her two current course presentations are available on the OSCPA website through Sept. 24, 2014. More will be filmed this year. Her current courses provide education insights to beginner and advanced estate planners.
In Vaselaney’s first on-demand course, “The Golden Age of Estate Planning Was Long Before There Was an Estate Tax,” viewers can learn:
- The current state of the law regarding estate tax, which techniques are currently available for taxable estates, and which techniques may not be available in the near future.
- Why estate planning is still important and why estate planning existed long before there was an estate tax.
- How dynasty trusts can help protect clients’ children from predators and creditors.
Her second on-demand course, “Hollywood’s Take on Estate Planning,” creatively demonstrates how movie plots have utilized estate planning and family issues in storylines to portray industry topics, including:
- Guardianship and adoption issues with children.
- Beneficiary issues and unexpected inheritances.
- Succession planning.
- The darker side of estate planning.
- Estate planners, business development and client relations.
View a teaser of this course here. The full course is available for purchase here.
Vaselaney has been an OSBA Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate law since 2002. She presents nationally on estate planning and other related matters on behalf of banks, brokerage firms and other professional associations. An inactive CPA, Vaselaney focuses her law practice on estate planning for business owners and individuals. She has represented clients in probate litigation matters and before federal and state taxing authorities.
For more information on the OSCPA, here.