Taft partner and Chief Diversity Officer Adrian D. Thompson will present twice at the National Business Institute seminar “Education Law Issues in Ohio,” which will take place on June 21 at the CMBA Conference Center, 1375 East Ninth Street, Cleveland, Ohio. The seminar will run from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thompson’s first presentation “Recognizing and Rectifying Discriminatory Education Practices” will cover the following topics:
• Enrollment and registration practices.
• Racial disproportionality in special education programs.
• Racial disparity in A.P. courses, gifted and talented programs, etc.
• Discipline practices that target minorities, special education students, etc.
• Practices that lead to retaliation and harassment claims.
• Transgender student issues.
Thompson’s second presentation will address “Search and Seizure in Schools: What You Need to Know.”
A full program and registration information is available at the National Business Institute website.
Continuing Education Specialty Credits Awarded:
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00
IACET – 0.6
CLE – 6.0