Taft Chicago is pleased to announce that it has been named in the Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) 2021 Pro Bono Recognition Roster. The Pro Bono Recognition Roster recognizes law firms and corporations that have shown significant commitments and contributions to pro bono throughout the state of Illinois. Taft joins 47 law firms that were recognized for outstanding pro bono service in 2021.
In order to be considered for the PILI Pro Bono Recognition Roster, law firms must meet two of the following criteria for 2020:
- An average of 35 pro bono hours per legal professional in Illinois per year.
- A 5% increase in Illinois office(s) pro bono hours from the previous year.
- 60% or more of the firm's Illinois attorneys participate in pro bono work.
- Participation in the Chicago Bar Foundation's Law Firm Leadership Circle, or signing PILI's Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee Pro Bono Pledges.
- Adoption of innovative steps to involve more Illinois office(s) legal department staff in pro bono work or to expand the law firm's pro bono program.
Taft will be recognized in the Virtual Annual Pro Bono Reception on Wednesday, June 16. To learn more about the PILI 2021 Pro Bono Recognition Roster, visit here.
Each year, Taft devotes thousands of hours to individuals, groups, and nonprofit organizations who otherwise are unable to afford legal services. Its pro bono areas of service include civil rights, housing, appeals, guardianship, nonprofit governance, consumer, tax, veterans, immigration, intellectual property, family law, and service to the judicial system. This dedication to the public interest is inherent in Taft’s culture; its founding partners were heavily engaged in public and political service, and current Taft attorneys continue that legacy.