Taft partner Peter S. Nealis is the presenter at the June 19 NBI teleconference “Mitigate Liability Risks for Nonprofit Leadership.” The course will provide practical nonprofit knowledge for attorneys, as well as accountants, non-profit executive directors, presidents and vice presidents.
The course content will include:
- The Final Tax Cuts and Jobs Act’s Effects on Executive Compensation and Employee Benefit Practices
- Director’s Fiduciary Roles and Responsibilities
- Director’s Responsibilities: Compensation Issues
- Strategies for Board Policy-Making in Light of Increased Public Disclosure Requirements
- Risk Issues That Could Keep a Nonprofit Director Awake at Night
- Best Practices for Keeping Boards Informed, Engaged and Accountable
The course will be presented at these times:
- Eastern: 2:00-3:30 p.m.
- Central: 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- Mountain: 12:00-1:30 p.m.
- Pacific: 11:00 a.m-12:30 p.m.
For more information or to register, click here.
Nealis represents businesses and their owners in connection with all aspects of the mergers and acquisitions process. He counsels clients on a wide variety of general corporate and business matters, including intellectual property protection and licensing. He also represents many private businesses, including start-ups and emerging growth companies, in their initial capital raising ventures and subsequent private placements and has substantial experience in the area of partnership and limited liability company formation and governance, and related tax issues. Nealis is licensed in Ohio and Florida.