Partner Peter S. Nealis will be a presenter for the National Business Institute audio webinar “Draft Solid Agreements from Start to Finish” being held Wednesday, June 10 from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EDT.
At the core of every successful business is a rock-solid operating agreement. A well-crafted agreement can lead a company to smooth flowing operations and give it a clear direction. Poorly drafted agreements can lead to disputes, unforeseen tax liabilities, and business turmoil. The daylong webinar will consist of eight courses.
Nealis will present the following two courses:
- Transfer Restriction Issues, Right of First Refusal, Impasse (Put/Call), Capital Call and Dissolution Provisions.
- Top Operating Agreement Mistakes Attorneys Make.
Additional topics rounding out the course content are:
- State Operating Agreement Law Update, Trends and Current Issues.
- Common Drafting Oversights and Current Developments in LLC Litigation.
- Tax Mistakes Made in Distribution, Allocation and Entity Selection.
- Formation and Drafting: Articles and Operating Agreement.
- Members and Managers: Rights, Responsibilities and Voting Provisions.
The audio webinar offers 7.00 FL Continuing Legal Education credits. To register, visit here.
Nealis represents businesses and their owners in all aspects of the mergers and acquisitions process. He counsels clients on a wide variety of general corporate and business matters, including intellectual property protection and licensing. He also represents many private businesses, including start-ups and emerging growth companies, in their initial capital raising ventures and subsequent private placements and has substantial experience in the area of partnership and limited liability company formation and governance and related tax issues. Nealis is licensed in Ohio and Florida.