McMurry, Zbiegien, and Williamson to Present at OSBA "Federal Courts and Practice Committee" Seminar
Taft litigation partners Glen McMurry, Philip Williamson, and Michael Zbiegien will be featured speakers at the Ohio State Bar Association’s Oct. 27 “Federal Courts and Practice Committee Update” webinar. McMurry is also serving as course planner for the live, interactive CLE program.
- State of the Northern and Southern Districts:
- Chief judges from Ohio will provide an update on the Northern and Southern District Federal Courts.
- Oral Advocacy Opportunities for Less Experienced Attorneys:
- McMurry will speak alongside the Hon. Stephanie K. Bowman, magistrate judge for the U.S. District Court, S.D. of Ohio.
- Digital Privacy and Federal Court:
- An update on privacy/cybersecurity facing the Federal Courts.
- Section 2254 and 2255 Perspectives:
- Learn from prosecutors, defense counsel, and judges regarding this component of criminal defense representation
- Supreme Court Update:
- Zbiegien and Williamson will provide an update regarding U.S. Supreme Court decisions over the last two terms.
Six hours of general CLE credit will be offered. For more information, or to register, click here.
McMurry is a litigation partner in Taft's Dayton office. He has over 14 years of experience serving diverse corporations and individuals resolving a wide variety of issues, including complex dispute resolution and compliance with local, state, and federal laws. He also chairs several committees across the Dayton Bar Association, the Dayton Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, and the Ohio State Bar Association.
Williamson is a litigation partner in Taft's Cincinnati office, litigating complex matters in state and federal courts. He has briefed appeals in multiple U.S. Courts of Appeals, including the Sixth, Seventh, and Ninth Circuits, as well as state appellate courts in Ohio, Kentucky, and Georgia. Philip has also represented amici at both the cert petition and merits stages in the U.S. Supreme Court.
Zbiegien is a litigation partner in Taft's Cleveland office. He has represented companies in nation-wide class actions, including matters related to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, consumer issues, employment issues, and insurance rates. Along with Ohio state and federal trial courts, Mike has represented clients before Ohio appellate courts, the Ohio Supreme Court, the United States Court of Federal Claims, and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Federal Circuits.
In This Article
You May Also Like
Bilott Recent Media on Forever Chemical Fight Bilott Guest Speaker at “BURNED: Protecting the Protectors” Screening