Taft labor & employment law partner Pamela S. Krivda will speak at the Ohio State Bar Association Corporate Counsel Institute’s CLE program on Nov. 4. Her topic is “Labor and Employment Law: Changes All Corporate Counsel Need to Know.”
Krivda will address the most important new developments and trends in labor and employment law and will provide strategies for in-house practitioners to protect their company’s interests. Employers are continually faced with the task of examining how they do business so as to adapt to new labor and employment laws and enforcement activity – from regulatory changes and significant court decisions to increasingly aggressive federal enforcement agencies and creative new claims by plaintiff’s attorneys.
The daylong seminar will cover a wide range of subject matter areas for in-house counsel, including:
- Dealing with privileged communications between outside counsel/in-house counsel and the client.
- Challenges dealing with vendor management and third-party risk.
- Protecting your company’s intellectual property.
- Approaches to developing an international M&A strategy.
- Managing outside counsel litigation costs.
Krivda represents and defends public and private employers in all aspects of employment and labor relations matters. She is Board Certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in the practice of Labor and Employment law and is listed in Best Lawyers in America and Ohio Super Lawyers.
The program offers 6.0 hours of CLE. For more information and to register, click here.