Ganow to Discuss GDPR and the New Cost of Doing Business in the EU
Scot Ganow, co-chair of Taft’s Privacy and Data Security practice, will speak at a Business Breakfast Briefing hosted by Grant Thornton and the British-American Chamber of Commerce on Friday, March 2. The briefing is titled “Doing Business with Europe? Ready for the Fine in May? GDPR, Data and the New Cost of Doing Business with the EU.”
Ganow will be joined by three speakers from Grant Thornton, the worldwide accounting firm. Topics will include:
- Overview of GDPR: Why, when and how it applies to U.S. and Ohio companies
- GDPR Impact on day-to-day operations and the steep penalties for non-compliance
- The role of the data protection officer
- How to perform a data protection impact assessment
- What to do if and when a breach occurs
- GDPR and Brexit update
Date: Friday, March 2
Location: Holiday Inn, 6001 Rockside Road, Independence, Ohio 44131
Registration and Breakfast: 7:30-8:30 a.m.
Seminar: 8:30-10:30 a.m.
To register click here.
In This Article
You May Also Like
Brennan Quoted in Article on Privacy and Data Security Issue with Mental Health Data Taft Adds Pharma and Litigation Attorneys in Chicago