Taft is pleased to announce that 14 Taft attorneys have earned the distinction of “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers® 2021. The "Lawyer of the Year" recognition is awarded to individual attorneys with the highest overall peer feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location. Only one lawyer is recognized as the "Lawyer of the Year" for each specialty and location.
The following Taft attorneys have been named “Lawyer of the Year” in Cincinnati, Ohio:
- Robert A. Bilott, Litigation – Environmental
- Rosemary Doreen Canton, Employment Law – Management
- G. Jack Donson, Jr., Litigation – Antitrust
- W. Stuart Dornette, Litigation – Securities
- Margaret Avril Lawson, Information Technology Law
- George D. Molinsky, Venture Capital Law
- James M. Zimmerman, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
The following Taft attorneys have been named “Lawyer of the Year” in Columbus, Ohio:
- James J. Chester, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- David H. Thomas, Criminal Defense: White-Collar
The following Taft attorney has been named “Lawyer of the Year” in Dayton, Ohio:
- Jennifer Hann Harrison, Employment Law – Management
The following Taft attorneys have been named “Lawyer of the Year” in Indianapolis, Ind.:
- James R. A. Dawson, Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law
- Michael P. O'Neil, Litigation – Bankruptcy
The following Taft attorneys have been named “Lawyer of the Year” in Minneapolis, Minn.
- John M. Degnan, Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Matthew A. Slaven, Construction Law
About Best Lawyers®
Best Lawyers® is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. The Best Lawyers® lists of attorneys are compiled by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which tens of thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. If the votes for an attorney are positive enough for inclusion in Best Lawyers®, that attorney must maintain those votes in subsequent polls to remain on the list for each edition. Lawyers are not permitted to pay any fee to participate in or be included on the lists.