Taft partner Missia H. Vaselaney will serve as a faculty member for the June 26 webinar “Why You Still Need to Plan for Clients with Estates under $10 Million,” sponsored by Clear Law Institute Online Continuing Education. The webinar is scheduled to run from 1:00-2:30 p.m. ET.
Accountants and attorneys servicing clients with estates under $10 million will learn to recognize compelling reasons to effectively plan their clients’ estates, including:
- Second marriages.
- A desire to keep assets in the bloodline.
- Disabled children.
- Asset protection planning for beneficiaries.
- Estate tax planning for beneficiaries.
- Probate avoidance.
- Determining whether a married couple should rely on portability or engage in trust planning.
- Identifying the different strategies that apply to married couples under $5 million and those between $5 million and $10 million.
- Determining when “basis planning” maybe more important than estate tax planning.
Vaselaney focuses her practice on estate planning for business owners and individuals. She has worked with clients to both plan and administer estates that have ranged from the very modest to the large and sophisticated. Where the need has arisen, Vaselaney has represented clients in probate litigation matters and before federal and state taxing authorities.
Vaselaney’s co-presenter is Jere Doyle, an estate planning strategist for BNY Mellon Wealth Management and a senior vice president of BNY Mellon. He provides integrated wealth management advice to wealthy individuals and families throughout the country.
The webinar offers 1.5 CLE or EA accounting credits. For more information and to register, click here.