Labor & Employment Law Breakfast Briefing - March 4, 2010
Taft’s Indianapolis Labor & Employment Law Department
Invites You to a Complimentary Update
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Indianapolis Marriott North Hotel
3645 River Crossing Parkway
Seminar: 8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Continental breakfast and registration starts at 7:45 a.m.
There is no charge for this seminar.
Pending approval for CLE and HRCI credit
Pitfalls of Social Networking Sites
The use of social and professional networking websites, such as Facebook®, MySpace®, and LinkedIn®, has exploded. Use of these networking websites, however, can cause serious problems in the workplace. What are the legal implications of this ever-changing technology? This training session will address many questions and issues concerning the proper use and legal limits of social networking by employers and their employees, including:
- The risks to employers of using networking websites in making hiring decisions?
- How to properly respond to employees who post inappropriate or derogatory comments about the employer?
- How employers can protect themselves from legal liabilities resulting from employees' use of networking websites?
- How to create an effective social media policy?
- What are the risks to employers for monitoring employees' use of social networking websites?
Avoiding Compensation Discrimination Claims
With the passage of the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and the EEOC's increased focus on compensation discrimination, compensation decisions are destined to come under increased scrutiny from the government and from plaintiffs’ attorneys. Conducting periodic reviews of compensation decisions and the effects of these decisions can be critical for employers. Minor compensation discrepancies can quickly compound over time.
Join us for a discussion of compensation discrimination issues and proactive steps employers can take to minimize the risks. This seminar will include a discussion of:
- Annual reviews and their effect on compensation
- Documenting compensation decisions
- The impact of the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
- Conducting effective compensation reviews
Recent Developments in Employee Benefits
We will discuss recent developments in employee benefits, including the new Mental Health Parity regulations and their effect on health plans, the current status of Health Care Reform, and a new corrections program issued by the IRS for deferred compensation agreements.
Please register via e-mail to:
Kelly Sharpe: email@example.com
Questions: Call Kelly Sharpe at 317-713-3441
Click below to view complete seminar brochure.
In This Article
You May Also Like
Webinar | Cross-Atlantic Equity Plans: Trends & Best Practices for 2023 Technology Webinar Series: How To Avoid a Digital Transformation Relationship Trainwreck