- Type: Seminar
- Presented by: Taft Law
- Speakers: Michael C. Terrell
- Location: Indianapolis Marriott North Hotel 3645 River Crossing Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Labor & Employment Law Breakfast Briefing - Indianapolis
Please join us for a breakfast briefing on June 18 covering the following topics presented by Mick Terrell:
Employee Wage Claims
In the last couple of years, employers have faced numerous employee lawsuits, including class actions, for alleged violations of state and federal wage laws. As the number of lawsuits continues to increase, employers must ensure they comply fully with these wage and compensation laws. Topics will include:
- What constitutes a "wage"
- Timing of wage payments
- Vacation pay and bonus issues
- Payment of commissions and other contingent compensation
- Independent contractors versus employees
- How to audit your wage practices
Top Ten HR Mistakes
As we all know, employees are becoming increasingly litigious. The number of charges filed with the EEOC has increased over 30 percent in the past five years. HR departments are every company's first line of defense against these employee claims. In this presentation, we will share the top ten most common mistakes that HR departments make.
This program has been approved for 1.5 hours of Indiana CLE credit and HRCI credit.
In This Article
You May Also Like
Webinar | Cross-Atlantic Equity Plans: Trends & Best Practices for 2023 Technology Webinar Series: How To Avoid a Digital Transformation Relationship Trainwreck