Barbara Duncombe, partner and chair of Taft's Government Contracts Group, Suzanne Sumner, partner in Taft's Dayton office and Scot Ganow, senior counsel, Privacy & Data Security Practice will present "Government Contracts: What Happened in 2018 That You Need to Know" on April 9. The seminar, held in partnership with the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce, will be held at the downtown branch of the Dayton Public Library.
The presentation will provide insights to companies that do business with the government as well as those that would like to transact with the government.
Taft attorneys will discuss these topics:
- Big changes in small business regulations.
- How DCMA intends to audit contractors' compliance with DFARS cybersecurity requirements.
- Changes for commercial services and commercial products.
- Changes to prompt payment requirements.
- DOD ability to use contractor technical data notwithstanding a legal challenge.
- Changes to thresholds for simplified acquisition, micro-purchase and cost/price data.
- New limits on government use of lowest price technically acceptable (LPTA) for source selection.
Please register by emailing email@example.com.