David V. Allen, partner in the Cleveland office of Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP, is one of the presenters at the 33rd Annual Real Estate Law Institute sponsored by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. Presenting on the second day of the 2-day program, Mr. Allen’s panel will address the use of social media by lawyers and is titled, “To Tweet or Not to Tweet, That is the Twestion.”
During the hour presentation, Mr. Allen will address some of the dilemmas that are occurring regarding attorneys’ use of social mediums. Mr. Allen will provide interesting commentary and practical insight to help to govern attorneys’ involvement and behavior with social mediums, as they navigate compliance guidelines, and strive to gain competitive advantage with this technology.
An overview of the complete program is as follows:
- Your Annual Malpractice Prevention Pill – Current Developments
- What's New on the Landscape – ALTA Survey Standards
- Development Incentives – Worth the Effort?
- Drill Baby Drill – Oil & Gas
- 411 of AAI – How to Deal with Property with a “Colorful History”
- UCC – Don’t ZZZ… Issues for Real Estate Lawyers
- Nail Down Your Documents Before You Swing the Hammer – AIA Forms
- Continental Breakfast with Roundtable Discussions – “Ask the Experts”
- Distressed Real Estate – Is There a Silver Lining?
- The Offer You Can Refuse – Eminent Domain
- To Tweet or Not to Tweet, That is the Twestion
- 6 Under 60 – Landlord’s Remedies upon Lease Default
- Point / Counterpoint – Residential Real Property Forms
- A Discriminating Look at Barriers – Fair Housing/ADA
The Real Estate Law Institute CLE program offers up to 12.0 Title Insurance/Real Estate CLE Hours.