The Fourth Annual Ohio State Bar Association (“OSBA”) Great Lakes Antitrust Institute, "Fallout from a Federal Antitrust Investigation," will feature participation by Taft antitrust partners Daniel R. Warncke, Ralph W. Kohnen and Jeanne M. Cors. The daylong program is being held November 2, 2012 at the OSBA, located at 1700 Lake Shore Drive in Columbus, Ohio.
Warncke, chair of the OSBA Antitrust Section Council, will welcome attendees and provide introductory remarks. He is also a member of a four-person panel, “Parallel or Follow-Up on Private and State Litigation.” The group will discuss how a federal antitrust investigation can lead to companion litigation.
Kohnen and Cors will present on “Trends in Criminal Sanctions.” Their discussion will highlight the following trends:
- Overview of Trends at the Federal Level
- Significant Increase in Enforcement Activity
- Significant Increase in Corporate Fines
- Criminal Actions Against Culpable Executives
- Trends in Volume of Commerce Calculations
- State Enforcement Trends in Ohio
The program runs from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm and offers 6.75 total CLE hours, including 1.0 hour of Ethics. For details, visit: www.ohiobar.org.