Six Taft attorneys have been appointed to International Trademark Association (INTA) committees for two-year terms beginning in January 2024. Committee members focus on addressing a variety of issues, including advocating trademarks and brand owner rights, executing and communicating strategic initiatives, expanding resources for the association’s members, industry stakeholders, and the public, and organizing educational programs.
The following professionals have been selected to serve on committees.
- Ukeme Awakessien Jeter – Brands for a Better Society Committee
- LaTessa Gray – Famous and Well Known Marks Committee
- Lindsey Rothrock – Unreal Campaign Committee
- Victoria Sedinger – Famous and Well Known Marks Committee
- Rachel Smoot – Young Practitioners Committee
- Mira Vats-Fournier – Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
To be appointed to an INTA committee is a significant achievement. Out of close to 4,000 applicants, only a select few are chosen to serve on the committees. The appointments are effective beginning Jan. 1, 2024. Newly appointed members met in November 2023 at the Annual Meeting Leadership Meeting.
The International Trademark Association is a global not-for-profit advocacy association of brand owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and related intellectual property to foster consumer trust, economic growth, and innovation. INTA’s members are more than 7,200 organizations from 187 countries.