Partners David R. Tavolier and Julie A. Crocker and Western Reserve Partners Managing Director Charles V. Aquino will present “The Election is Over… What Can Businesses Expect?” at the Taft-sponsored Dec. 8 breakfast meeting of the Northeast Ohio Association of Corporate Counsel. Topics will include:
- The parallels between the Brexit vote and the American election
- President-elect Donald J. Trump’s agenda
- The election’s impact on the courts and federal agencies
- The Affordable Care Act’s future
- Job creation and NAFTA
- Immigration: Undocumented immigrants and international visas
- Taxes: Corporate and federal tax reform affecting businesses and individuals
- Future benefits foreseen for Northeast Ohio
Tavolier serves as chair of Taft’s Tax group. He focuses his practice on general tax matters, particularly mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, and partnership and limited liability company formations, liquidations and reorganizations.
Crocker is a member of the firm’s Litigation group. She focuses her practice on commercial transactions and business litigation matters and also litigates a wide variety of employment matters in federal and state courts, including employment discrimination, harassment and wrongful discharge claims.
About the Northeast Ohio Association of Corporate Counsel
The Northeast Ohio Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel America has nearly 400 members — in-house counsel who work in 12 contiguous northeast Ohio counties that encompass the cities of Cleveland, Akron/Canton and Youngstown. For more information, visit here.