This month, Taft welcomed 20 summer associates as it commenced its 2021 Summer Associate Program in the Chicago, Ill.; Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, and Dayton, Ohio; Indianapolis, Ind.; and Minneapolis, Minn. Taft offices. This year’s summer associates include:
- Miesha Alexander / Second-Year / The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Erik Allerson / Second-Year / University of Minnesota Law School
- Dominic Bayer / First-Year / Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- Ujjoyini Bhowmik / First-Year / University of Minnesota Law School
- Claire Burdick / Second-Year / Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Salha El-Shwehdi / Second-Year / University of Dayton School of Law
- Hannah Fereshtehkhou / Second-Year / University of Minnesota Law School
- Clay Harris / Second-Year / University of Notre Dame Law School
- Liliana Jimenez / Second-Year / Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Nermy John / First-Year / Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Kennedy McGuire / First-Year / University of Virginia School of Law
- Lorenzo Murillo / Second-Year / Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Arnold Osei-Owusu / First-Year / DePaul University College of Law
- Devina Patel / First-Year / George Washington School of Law
- Max Potluri / Second-Year / Columbia Law School
- Bianca Smith / Second-Year / Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Tanner Sparrow / Second-Year / University of Minnesota Law School
- Noelle Suarez-Murias / First-Year / The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Emily Thieman / Second-Year / Washington University School of Law
- Helen Wu / First-Year / Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Taft’s Summer Associate Program is designed to provide a highly engaging, real-life experience with a broad view of the firm’s comprehensive practices. From orientation and across the 10-week program, Taft summer associates are exposed to a variety of work and integrated into the firm. Each summer associate is assigned two associate mentors to help them navigate the opportunities presented to them and find success in the program.
“At Taft, we prioritize investing in our people. For many, that starts with our very first interaction with them as law students. We have a well-rounded and interactive Summer Associate Program, based on the real-life skills needed to become a successful lawyer. We are pleased to welcome an extremely strong and talented 2021 class,” said Taft Chief Recruiting Officer Lisa Watson.
Across the firm, Taft prioritizes professional development and encourages summer associates, attorneys, and staff to foster a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone to thrive. These values advance the firm’s position as the modern law firm.
Learn more about Taft’s Summer Associate Program here.