Taft Tax Attorneys to Present at Cleveland Tax Institute 2018
Tax attorneys David R. Tavolier, Todd C. Lady and J. Donald Mottley have been requested to present at the 61st Annual Cleveland Tax Institute, sponsored by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association on Nov. 14-15.
Tavolier, chair of Taft’s Tax Group, will serve as panel chair for the Institute’s first topic “Current Developments: An Overview of Changes Under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Affecting Businesses and Their Operations.” Lady, tax partner from Taft’s Indianapolis office, will be a member on this panel along with an attorney from BakerHostetler and an accountant from Cohen & Company.
Mottley, tax attorney from Taft's Columbus office, is the keynote lunch speaker on Nov. 15. His topic is “Corrigan: How We Challenged the Constitutionality of an Ohio Tax Statute.”
Additional topics for the two days include:
- Washington Update
- Disposition of Partnership Interests
- Navigating U.S. International Tax Rules Post TCJA
- Choice of Entity Following Tax Reform: Case Studies
- Tax Procedure and Controversy
- Corporate Tax & Related Topics
- State and Local Tax Update
- Accounting for Income Taxes after Tax Reform
- Doing Deals Post Tax Reform
The Institute offers up to 13.0 CLE hours and is open to Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association members and non-members. For more information and to register visit here.
In This Article
You May Also Like
Remote Work and Taxes: Hagerman Quoted in USA Today Taft Tax Team Partners with Cake Equity