With sadness, I write to inform you of the passing of our long-time partner and friend, Charlie Lindberg, on July 20 at the age of 84.
Charlie joined Taft immediately after graduating from Yale Law School in 1953 and spent his entire career with the firm. He focused his practice on corporate law and served as managing partner of the firm from 1985 until 1998. Charlie received numerous professional accolades, including being named to The Best Lawyers in America for more than 25 consecutive years.
He was also very active in the business community, serving on numerous corporate boards of directors, including the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, Taft Broadcasting, Dayton Walther, Gibson Greetings, and Knowlton Construction.
In addition, Charlie was extensively involved in the community, serving on the board of trustees of the following organizations:
- The Austin E. Knowlton Foundation (chair and member)
- Augustana College (trustee and chairman of the board of trustees)
- The Cincinnati Board of Education (member and president)
- The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (board member and president)
- The Cincinnati Recreation Commission
- The Hamilton County Republican Party (chair and member)
- The Tyler Davidson Fountain Committee (chairman)
- The Greater Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce
- Yale Law School Alumni Association (executive committee)
- The Commercial and Commonwealth Clubs of Cincinnati
Charlie was a role model who will be missed by our firm, by our community and by his family, friends and associates.
Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP