Nealis to Present at NBI Seminar “Partnership and Shareholder Disputes from Start to Finish”
Taft partner Peter S. Nealis will be a guest faculty presenter at the NBI seminar “Partnership and Shareholder Disputes from Start to Finish,” which will take place on Sept. 14 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the Doubletree Hotel Akron/Fairlawn. The seminar will prepare attorneys for all phases of ownership disputes - from the initial triggers to the final settlement - from both defendant and plaintiff perspectives.
Nealis will kick-off the day with two of the seven presentations:
1. Where Disagreement Become Legal Dispute: Blurred Lines in Small Businesses
- Fiduciary Duties: Who Owes What to Whom?
- Wrongful Termination of Shareholder-Employee
- Shareholder Oppression: The Range of Definitions
- Accusations of Self-Dealing, Mismanagement or Fraud
- Violation of Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation Agreements: Current Case Law
- Governance Disputes: Duties of Directors, Officers, Members and Controlling Partners
- Know the Extent of a Shareholders Right to Inspect Books and Records
- Obligations for Handling Related Party Transactions
- Claiming Theft of Corporate Opportunities
2. Interpreting Essential Documents to Build Your Case
- Operating Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Shareholder Agreements
- Corporate Bylaws
- Third-Party Contracts
The seminar will award 6.0 OH CLE credits.
For more information and to register for this seminar, visit NBI.
A trusted provider of continuing legal education and training since 1983, National Business Institute (“NBI”) is dedicated to providing practical, skill-based CLE seminars and online CLE courses that apply to the daily work of professionals. From national webcasts to in-person seminars, it offers the full gamut of training formats for continuing legal education preferences.
In This Article
You May Also Like
Taft Acts as Legal Counsel to Right Lane Industries in Acquisition Huntrods, Knoer, and Ryan Named Among Minnesota Lawyer's POWER 30 M&A Attorneys