Partner Peter S. Nealis will be a presenter for the National Business Institute audio webinar “Small Business Guide through the Coronavirus Pandemic” being held April 23 from 1:00 – 4:15pm ET. Nealis’ session is titled “Should I Stay or Should I Go – Is My Business Essential?” and will be presented from 1pm – 2:30pm ET.
Among the topics that Nealis will cover are:
- The highlights of stay at home orders
- Essential activities
- Examples of essential businesses and operations
- An overview of minimum basic operations
- Complying with social distancing requirements
- Workforce issues spanning leave, compensation, layoffs and unemployment pay
- Pay requirements during E-FMLA leave
- Force majeure
The audio webinar offers 3.50 FL Continuing Legal Education credits. To register, visit here.
Nealis represents businesses and their owners in all aspects of the mergers and acquisitions process. He counsels clients on a wide variety of general corporate and business matters, including intellectual property protection and licensing. He also represents many private businesses, including start-ups and emerging growth companies, in their initial capital raising ventures and subsequent private placements and has substantial experience in the area of partnership and limited liability company formation and governance and related tax issues. Nealis is licensed in Ohio and Florida.