Taft attorney Donald Mottley will participate in the 27th Annual Ohio Tax Conference, the nation’s largest business tax conference. It will take place Jan. 23-24 at the Hyatt Regency Columbus.
The conference unites the Ohio Chamber of Commerce, Institute for Professionals in Taxation, Manufacturers' Education Council, and the other professional organizations for the nation's largest business tax conference.
Mottley will be a panel member in the opening day session titled “Ohio Tax and Jobs 2018.” The six member group will cover:
- Significant developments in the Commercial Activity Tax (CAT)
- Economic incentives and tax credits
- Sales and use tax
- Municipal income taxation
- Taxation of pass-through entities and personal income taxes
- Real property valuation and classification
Taft will also co-sponsor the conference’s opening day luncheon for the 650 attendees. The luncheon will feature a presentation by Ohio Tax Commissioner Joseph W. Testa and the Ohio Tax Hall of Fame Induction. Testa will provide insights into what’s on the horizon for amnesty, net profit tax and other Ohio Tax Department initiatives.