Mottley to Address Attendees at the 23rd Annual Ohio Tax Conference
Columbus attorney J. Donald Mottley will participate in the 23rd Annual Ohio Tax Conference, which will take place Tuesday, Jan. 28 and Wednesday, Jan. 29 at the Hyatt Regency Columbus.
Mottley will be a panelist in a Tuesday morning session titled “Ohio Tax & Jobs 2014.” His topics will include:
- Municipal Income Taxation and Reform
- Pass-Through Entity Taxation and Personal Income Taxes
Mottley will also participate in an afternoon session titled “Municipal Income Taxation in Ohio… How Best to Lower Your Cost of Compliance.” The hour-long session will cover:
- Ways to lower costs of employee withholding
- Taxation of pass-through entities and owners
- Availability of NOL carryforward deductions
- Expanded list of exempt income
- Withholding tax exemption for occasional nexus
- Taxpayer-friendly administrative appeal procedures
In addition to Mottley, featured guest speakers at the seminar will include John Minor, President and CIO, JobsOhio; Joe Testa, Ohio’s Tax Commissioner; and Fred Nicely, Council on State Taxation (COST).
The seminar is managed by Manufacturers’ Education Council and is sponsored by the Ohio Chamber of Commerce and Ohio Department of Taxation. For more information and to register online, visit www.MECSeminars.com (under taxation).
In This Article
You May Also Like
Remote Work and Taxes: Hagerman Quoted in USA Today Taft Tax Team Partners with Cake Equity