Mottley will be a panelist in a Tuesday morning session titled “Ohio Tax and Jobs 2015.” His topics will include:
- Municipal income taxation and reform
- Pass-through entity taxation and personal income taxes
Mottley will also participate in an afternoon session titled “Municipal Income Taxation in Ohio… How Best to Lower Your Cost of Compliance.” The hour-long session will cover:
- Ways to lower costs of employee withholding
- Taxation of pass-through entities and owners
- Availability of NOL carryforward deductions
- Expanded list of exempt income
- Withholding tax exemption for occasional nexus
- Taxpayer-friendly administrative appeal procedures
Taft is also a co-sponsor of the opening day’s luncheon that features guest speaker Joseph W. Testa, Ohio’s Tax Commissioner.
The seminar is managed by Manufacturers’ Education Council and is sponsored by the Ohio Chamber of Commerce and the Ohio Department of Taxation. For more information, visit here.