Taft Privacy and Data Security attorneys Matthew D. Lawless and Beth A. Bryan will share strategies on how to proactively address downsizing data at the ACC Southwest Ohio CLE program on May 14. The session, “Defensibly Downsizing Your Data: Using Records Retention and Deletion Best Practices to Reduce Your Litigation Costs and Data Security Risks,” will be held at the Taft Center in Cincinnati from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Taft Litigation group chair Russell S. Sayre will welcome the attendees.
Joining Lawless and Bryan as panelists are:
- Robert Fowler, CIPP/US, Director, Professional Services, Jordan Lawrence
- Kristen Safier, Counsel and Corporate Compliance Officer, Cincinnati Children’s Center
- Megan Frient, Senior Counsel, Global Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Procter and Gamble
The session will cover:
- Evaluating the legal and business issues caused by retaining too much information.
- Best practices for developing a retention policy for all records and information.
- Cleaning up the mess and developing an ongoing strategy for new data.
- Overcoming the cultural challenges.
- Selling sound information governance within your business organization.
For more information, ACC members may contact ACC Administrator Michelle Moeller at (513) 722-4942.