Hayden and Mottley to Participate in 30th Annual Ohio Business Tax Conference
Taft partner Jeremy Hayden and of counsel Don Mottley are serving as planning committee members for the 30th Annual Ohio Business Tax Conference, the nation’s largest business tax conference. The virtual conference will take place Jan. 19-21, 2021.
The general theme of the conference is “Pandemic, Politics and Polarity: Accelerating the Digital Transformation in Tax.”
Hayden will also present in a Jan. 20 session titled “Mergers & Acquisitions … State Tax Planning, Traps and Recent Developments.” The three-member panel will cover:
- The Ohio business income deduction & pandemic-related Nexus considerations based on increased telecommuting and other diligence concerns.
- Practical due diligence and best practices.
- Planning & structuring M&A transactions (post-Wayfair).
- Transactional tax & income tax consequences and transactional traps to avoid.
- Recent developments in business & non-business income.
Taft will also co-sponsor the conference’s opening day lunch session. This session will feature a presentation by Karthik Avadhanula, Director, Advanced Manufacturing, JobsOhio; Matthew Chafin, Deputy Tax Commissioner, Ohio Department of Taxation; and Meredith Mullet, Senior Manager, State Tax Operations, The J.M. Smucker Company. They will provide insights on the Ohio economy, pro-manufacturing tax structure, and low-cost business environment.
For more information about the conference, or to register, click here.
In This Article
You May Also Like
Tucker to Speak at 2023 Ohio CEO Summit Fifty-Two Taft Attorneys Recognized as 2023 Leading Lawyers by Cincy Magazine