The Federal Trade Commission has announced revised threshold amounts that require HSR (Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act) filings for non-exempt transactions. The new thresholds take effect on Feb. 27. HSR filings will be required where:
- The size of the transaction exceeds $80.8 million (measured by the aggregate value of assets, voting securities and non-corporate interests being acquired); and
- The size of one of the parties to the transactions has sales or assets over $323 million and the other party has sales or assets over $16.2 million.
The revised HSR filing fees will be:
- $45,000 for transactions exceeding $80.8 million but less than $161.5 million
- $125,000 for transactions $161.5 million or greater but less than $807.5 million
- $280,000 for transactions exceeding $807.5 million