Taft partner Mark T. Hayden will present at the National Business Institute seminar "Wrongful Death Litigation: Start-to-Finish," which will take place on June 23 from 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Cincinnati Eastgate. The seminar will address specialized litigation strategies when taking on a wrongful death case.
Hayden will present two of the eight presentations:
"Working with the Probate Court"
- Basics of Probate for Attorneys in Wrongful Death Cases
- Examination of the Will
- Getting Probate Court Approval to Pursue the Tort Claim
- Getting Probate Court Approval of the Settlement or Verdict
"Upholding Ethical Standards in Wrongful Death Cases"
- Managing Conflicts Among Beneficiaries
- Naming Estranged Parents in the Suit
- Distribution of Settlement Proceeds
- Joint Representation and Apportionment Conflicts
- Recovery of Attorney's Fees
The seminar will award 6.0 OH CLE credits (including 1.0 professional conduct).
For more information and to register for this seminar, visit NBI.